Monday, June 2, 2008

Look Who's 2!

On June 1st Nelson turned 2. I can't believe how fast time has gone by. Roger and I can't imagine life without our little "Nelly Belly." He brings so much joy and laughter into our lives everyday. I still remember the day he was born like it was yesterday. I had been on bed rest for a month with high blood pressure and had been having terrible headaches for a couple of days. I called the doctor and they wanted me to come in first thing in the morning. My mom told me to pack my bag and have everything ready to go. I thought no way are they going to start me tomorrow I still had 3 1/2 weeks until my due date. We woke up the next morning and went to the doctor. Then they sent me over to the hospital to be monitored for a couple of hours. Still I was thinking no way am I going to have this baby. After being monitored for a couple of hours the doctor decided to induce me. Good thing I listened to my mom. It was a VERY LONG night and next morning. I never had been more irritated by the sound of a cell phone ringing or people going through grocery bags looking for food(when I hadn't eaten in 24hrs)so much. Finally by 1:00 in the afternoon we heard the sweet cries of our precious baby boy. It was a long, rough pregnancy but, I would do it all over again plus more to have our sweet little Nelson in our lives. I will never forget the day Nelson was born. We love him so much!

1 comment:

Kenneth J said...

It's very nervewracking for a dad when his daughter has a baby. It was a great day and we love having our Nelson in the family--he brings so much joy!